Laboratory Technologist - Nairobi,Kenya
Applications Time2023-09-01 - 2023-09-11
About the position
Analysis laboratory samples in order to provide results for medical practitioners to diagnose treat and prevent diseases.
Assists the Head of department with supervision of staff and functions as per delegated responsibilities.
For appointment to this post, a candidate must have.
- Bachelor's Degree / Higher National Diploma / Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences or any other equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board.
- Registration Certificate issued by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB)
- A minimum of 2-3 years of working experience, preferably within a histology department, which will be considered an added advantage.
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution
- Perform all diagnostic testing procedure within his/her department.
- Assists the head of department to supervise and train staff in line with delegated responsibilities and /or deputising requirements to ensure that operational objective are achieved, colleagues are able to achieve their performance objective and interns and students are trained and guided appropriately.
- Interacts with pathologists on technical matters to provide all relevant data that may pertain to the prevention, diagnosis, or treatment of diseases.
- Assists the head of department to ensure a safe working environment in accordance with relevant legislation and all safety protocols. This includes maintenance of on-going maintenance of quality control standards, adherence to infection control measures, correct disposal of bio-hazardous waste and project management (as per delegated responsibilities) of the preparation process for internal and external quality control audits.
- Assists head of department to ensure that incidents and results delays are reported by laboratory staff, thereby ensuring compliance with relevant organisational policy and laboratory standard operating procedures.
- Attends in-service training and seminars and participates in continuing professional development (CPD) activities to continuously update knowledge and skills as well as comply with professional registration requirements. This includes ensuring the availability of up-to-date records that can be presented immediately on request thereof.
- Ensures sound housekeeping procedures are in place that will enable fellow staff to work effective.
- Adheres to professional conduct requirements in line with organisational policy and relevant professional body ethical standards.
Key Competencies, Skills, And Attitudes
- Technical Proficiency
- Communication Skills:
- Team Collaboration
- Analytical Thinking
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications attaching copies of their certificates.
and testimonials and send to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 11th September 2023 latest 5.00 pm.
(East African Time)